Best Women’s Multivitamins: A Brief Overview
Women are generally advised to take a multivitamin supplement for their health. However, there are many different types of supplements available for them. Some of these may be better than others depending upon your individual needs and preferences.
For example, some women prefer not to use synthetic vitamin C because they feel it could cause adverse reactions in them if used regularly or excessively. On the other hand, some women do not like taking any artificial sweeteners. They would rather have natural sugar instead.
In general, most of the multivitamins currently available on the market contain only one or two ingredients which are usually water and/or a preservative such as alcohol (ethanol) or caffeine. These products tend to be very expensive and often lack in quality since they are made from inferior ingredients.
The following list includes the most popular brands of multivitamins for women. All of these products are manufactured by large companies so they will likely have the best quality and effectiveness. Most of these products are also available at drugstores, supermarkets, and online retailers.
If you want to buy a good product without spending too much money then consider buying one of these. You can always switch to another brand later if necessary!
1. Centrum: This brand is made by Pfizer and it is considered to be the world’s most popular brand of multivitamins.
Each one of these tablets contains 13 vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
2. One-A-Day: This product is made by Bayer Healthcare.
Each tablet has about 4-5 different ingredients in it which includes several vitamins and minerals. The active ingredient in this supplement is called folic acid.
3. Flintstones Plus: This brand is made by Bayer as well.
It contains several vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients in each one of these tiny tablets.
4. Nature Made: This supplement was created by Nature’s Bounty, Inc.
and it also includes several vitamins and minerals in each capsule. The main ingredient in this supplement is called L-leucine.
5. GNC Women’s Ultra Mega: This brand is manufactured by General Nutrition Centers, Inc.
Each one of these gummy bears has different ingredients in them such as several types of vitamins and minerals.
6. Melaleuca Vitality: This brand is made by Melaleuca, Inc.
and each one of these softgels contains a small amount of nutrients that are beneficial to your health.
7. One-A-Day Men’s: This brand is also made by Bayer and it has several nutrients such as B-complex vitamins in each tablet.
8. Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions: This supplement is made by Nature’s Bounty, Inc.
Each one of these tiny tablets has several ingredients that are beneficial to your health. The main ingredient is called BioPerine.
9. Nature’s Plus Animal Parade: This brand is made by Nature’s Plus.
It has several ingredients such as enzymes and antioxidants in each one of these chewable tablets.
10. Power Up For Women: This product was created by Nature’s Bounty, Inc. Each tablet has small amounts of nutrients in it.
11. Centrum Advanced: This multivitamin is also made by Pfizer. It has several nutrients in each tablet.
12. One-A-Day Men’s Ultra: This brand by Bayer has several nutrients in each tiny tablet. The main ingredient is called Hesperidin.
13. GNC Women’s Ultra Mega Plus: This supplement is also made by General Nutrition Centers, Inc. Each tablet has some different ingredients in it such as several types of vitamins and minerals.
14. Nature’s Plus Source of Life: This multivitamin is also made by Nature’s Plus. It contains several nutrients in each easy-to-swallow capsule.
15. Centrum Performance: This brand is also made by Pfizer. Each one of these tiny tablets has different nutrients in it such as several types of B-complex vitamins.
16. One-A-Day Women’s: This supplement is made by Bayer and it includes several nutrients in each tablet, such as Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 and Zinc. The main ingredient in this supplement is called DFE or DFE#3.
17. One-A-Day Men’s 30+: This brand is also made by Bayer and it contains several nutrients in each tablet such as several B-complex vitamins.
18. Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Men’s: This product was created by Nature’s Bounty, Inc. Each one of these tiny tablets has several nutrients in it such as several types of B-complex vitamins.
19. Centrum Performance: This brand is made by Pfizer and it has several nutrients in each one of these tiny tablets.
20. One-A-Day Men’s Simply Plus: This supplement is also made by Bayer. Each one of these tiny tablets contains several nutrients such as several types of B-complex vitamins.
Sources & references used in this article:
Beta‐carotene in multivitamins and the possible risk of lung cancer among smokers versus former smokers: a meta‐analysis and evaluation of national brands by T Tanvetyanon, G Bepler – Cancer, 2008 – Wiley Online Library
Long-term use of supplemental multivitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, and folate does not reduce the risk of lung cancer by CG Slatore, AJ Littman, DH Au, JA Satia… – American journal of …, 2008 – atsjournals.org
Supplementation with multivitamins and vitamin A and incidence of malaria among HIV-infected Tanzanian women by IO Olofin, D Spiegelman, S Aboud… – Journal of acquired …, 2014 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Multivitamins, individual vitamin and mineral supplements, and risk of diabetes among older US adults by Y Song, Q Xu, Y Park, A Hollenbeck… – Diabetes …, 2011 – Am Diabetes Assoc
Search for the most complete multivitamin by VE Furlong, AS Truswell – Asia Pacific journal of clinical nutrition, 2004 – academia.edu
Reduced bile flow associated with parenteral nutrition is independent of oxidant load and parenteral multivitamins by JC Lavoie, P Chessex, C Gauthier… – Journal of pediatric …, 2005 – cdn.journals.lww.com