Best Men’s Electric Razor For Hair Type:
The electric razor for men is different from the one used by women. There are two types of electric razors for men – straight razors and safety razors. Safety razors are usually better suited for those with fine or thin hair because they do not cut through hair as easily as a straight razor does. They tend to leave less stubble than other types of electric shaving devices.
There are several brands of electric razors for men. Some of them are:
1) Braun Powermatic Series 3 Safety Razor (Model 955)
2) Merkur DE89 Safety Razor (Model 515)
3) Wilkinson Sword Model 707 Safety Razor (Model 602).
4) Gillette Mach3 Men’s Safety Razor (Model 801).
5) Schick Hydro-Quattro Safety Razor (Model 812).
6) Dovo RazoRock Men’s Safety Razor (Model 1020).
Best Women’s Electric Shavers:
There are many brands of electric shavers available. You can go for a rotary or a foil shaver. Some of them are:
1) Panasonic ES2207P Ladies 3-Blade Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver
2) Panasonic Ladies 3 Blade Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Pop-up Trimmer (ES2207RW).
3) Remington WDF4840 Lady Silky Deluxe Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver.
4) Remington WDF4830 40-1400 Ladies Speed Shaver
5) Panasonic Ladies 3 Blade Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Pop-up Trimmer (ES2207P).
6) Gillettes Satin Care Women’s Shaver.
While going through various electric razors for women, I found that ladies with coarse or thick hair tend to like foil shavers while others prefer rotary shavers.
Best Razor For Coarse Hair:
1) Panasonic Ladies 3 Blade Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Pop-up Trimmer (ES2207P) is the best razor for coarse hair.
It gives a close and comfortable shave. The pop-up trimmer can be used for grooming eyebrows, underarms, and legs. This women’s electric shaver has three super-sharp Nanotech blades that gently shave hairs with just one pass. It is rechargeable and the charge lasts for about ten days after one hour of charging.
You can use it both for wet and dry shaving.
2) Remington WDF4840 Lady Silky Deluxe Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver is another best razor for coarse hair.
It comes at a lesser price as compared to Panasonic shaver. The super thin foils and the pearl tips offer fantastic closeness. The precision technology ensures that the shaver can follow every contour of your face to cut more hair. The pop-up trimmer is great for edging and it cuts really close below the chin and jaw line.
3) Remington WDF4830 40-1400 Ladies Speed Shaver (WDF4830) is the least expensive electric shaver for women.
It is priced at just $15 and comes with extra replacement foils. The foils are easy to remove and clean. The shaver has a smooth, rounded surface for easy handling. The cordless rechargeable design offers the convenience of using it anywhere.
Best Razor For Normal Hair:
1) Gillettes Satin Care Women’s Shaver (Faces) is the best razor for normal hair.
It gently glides over your skin to help prevent irritation. It comes at an affordable price and includes four refill cartridges. It has a precision trimmer for difficult areas like under the arms or bikini line.
2) Remington WDF4840 Ladies Silky Deluxe Rechargeable Foil Shaver can be used both wet and dry.
It comes with a pop-up trimmer for grooming eyebrows, underarms, or legs. The foils are rounded to prevent from skin irritation. It is priced below $30 and comes with a 2-year warranty.
3) Philips HP6393/40 Ladies Shaver is another best cheap razor for normal hair.
It comes at an affordable price and has a compact design for easy handling. The rounded heads and flexible necks follow the contours of your body to help prevent from skin irritation. It has an integrated hair lifter that helps to cut hairs growing in different directions.
Best Razor For Sensitive Skin:
1) Gillette Venus Breeze Women’s razor is the best for sensitive skin.
It can be used for dry or wet shaving. You can use it in the shower or just apply foam or gel and shave. The carrying case is also a charger and can charge the razor on the go. It comes with 4 blades and a razor head to help cut up to 2x hair.
2) Gillette Fusion ProGlide Women’s Razor is priced below $10 and comes with a carrying case.
The blades are trimmed in gold to help them last up to 1 month. It has rounded edges to help prevent from skin irritation. It offers great value for your money.
3) Gillette Satin Care Women’s Razor (Faces) comes at an affordable price and includes four refill cartridges.
Each cartridge can last up to one month of shaving. It can be used for both dry and wet shaving. It has a flexible head and rounded edges to help prevent from skin irritation.
Best Razor For Long Hair:
1) Gillette Fusion ProShield Women’s Ortho Blades is the best razor for long hair. The razor head offers a stretchable skin guard that helps to protect your skin from nicks and cuts. The blades come with an advanced blade coating that helps it cut through hair easily.
Sources & references used in this article:
Electrically operated dry shaver by J Ivar, LM Roszky, DC Stahly – US Patent 3,359,635, 1967 – Google Patents
Electrically operated dry shaver by J Ivar, LM Roszyk, DC Stahly – US Patent 3,389,323, 1968 – Google Patents
Electric shaver by W Gillette
Electric dry shaver by W Gillette