Best VTech Toys for 1 Year Old:
1) Baby Monitor – The best monitor for your baby is one with a built in camera.
You can check the health status of your baby from anywhere at anytime. There are many different brands of monitors available online, but it’s always better to get a brand name product. They have been tested and proven to work well.
2) Infant Car Seat – If you’re going to buy a car seat, then make sure it comes with a safety harness.
A child shouldn’t ride in the backseat of the vehicle without wearing something like this. Make sure that the car seat has a quick release system so that if your baby falls asleep while driving, they won’t fall out of the car seat when you exit your vehicle.
3) Baby Wipes – You’ll want to wash your hands often, especially after feeding or changing your baby.
A good way to do this is with a bottle of baby wipes. These are inexpensive and easy to use.
4) Diaper Changing Table – When changing diapers, you don’t want them sticking together or getting all lumpy.
A diaper changer will help keep everything neat and organized in the diaper bag. It also keeps your baby from rolling off of the table or getting their arms and legs stuck between the bars of a changing table.
5) Car Mirror – Whether you’re going down the road or backing out of the driveway, a car mirror will help you see what’s going on in the back seat of your car.
If you have multiple children, then this becomes an especially useful item.
6) Sippy Cup – There are many different kinds of sippy cups available today.
Some are spill-proof, some are BPA-free, and some are even customizable. It’s not important which one you buy; what’s important is that you buy one. A sippy cup will be a great way to transition your baby from drinking from a bottle.
7) Stroller – If you plan on going for walks or going shopping, then a stroller will come in handy.
You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a baby stroller. Just make sure that it’s sturdy, will support your child’s weight, and has a seat belt.
8) Rattle – A rattle is a great toy for your baby to shake around while sitting in their car seat or lying in their crib.
You can also shake it next to their ear to wake them up if they happen to fall asleep when you don’t want them to.
9) Socks – Don’t laugh.
Newborns and infants love putting things in their mouth. It’s one of the first things they discover. Buy a bunch of cheap socks (the kind that come in a five pack for a dollar) and let your baby chew on them whenever they get fussy.
10) Cards – Little cards with pictures of animals, people, vehicles, or letters and numbers on them make great toys for your child. You can also make up games to go along with them.
For example, if there’s a picture of a cat on the card, ask your child questions like “Is it a cat?”
and encourage them to answer “Yes!” or “No!”
There are many more best vtech toys for 1 year old available online. You can choose the one that suit your baby’s interest.
Sources & references used in this article:
The 5 Best Toys of All Time by JH Liu – Wired. com, 2011 – earlychildhoodcentral.org
Hong Kong’s VTech Blends East, West R&D Management by N Wingrove – Research Technology Management, 1996 – search.proquest.com
The Internet of toys by D Holloway, L Green – Communication Research and Practice, 2016 – Taylor & Francis