Best Towable Tubes for Boating:
Towable Tube for Boating is one of the most popular topics among boaters. They are used to go down water, but they have different types of uses. There are various kinds of towables available in the market today.
Some of them can be towed behind boats while others can be attached to vehicles or other things like trailers and motorcycles.
There are two basic types of towables available in the market today; inner tubes and outer tubes. Inner tubes are usually made from polyethylene (PE) plastic, which is lighter than PVC (polyvinyl chloride). Outer tubes are generally made from nylon, although there are some that use other materials such as acrylic or even fiberglass.
Both inner and outer tube can be used for both recreational purposes and transportation purposes.
The main difference between inner and outer tubes is the size of the opening through which water flows out. Outer tubes tend to be larger than inner tubes because they allow more water flow through. If you want to get into deep waters, then you will need an inner tube.
If you want to travel over land, then you will probably prefer an outer tube since it allows easier access for your vehicle or bicycle tires.
Outer tubes can be classified into four types:
– Combo: The inner tube is sewn or welded to an outer cover so that it can be used on land and on water.
– Rigid: These are made completely out of plastic, hence the inflated inner tube doesn’t bend. They can be used on land.
– Semi-rigid: These tubes have a rigid structure inside and a little bit flexible structure outside.
– Soft or inflatable: These are the inner tubes that are only used on water because their structure is made out of vinyl or other flexible materials.
Inner tubes are also classified according to use and size.
– Racing tubes: These are generally small and can be used by one person only. They are designed for racing.
– Recreation tubes: These are usually larger than racing tubes and they can accommodate more than one person.
– Children’s tubes: These are used by one or two children at most. They float fairly high on water.
– Heavy-duty tubes: These are designed to carry large loads. They can be attached to many vehicles such as trucks, cars, and SUVs.
– Specialty tubes: These include tubes for fishing, surfing, and so on.
The sizes of inner tubes are not the same. You can check the inner tube size by two factors, diameter and gauge. Diameter is measured in inches, so an inner tube with a diameter of two inches will be smaller than an inner tube with a diameter of three inches.
Gauge is basically the width of the tube and the lower the gauge number, the thicker or wider the tube.
Outer tubes are also classified according to their size. Generally, the size of an outer tube is measured by the length and the diameter. The length is from one end of the valve to the other and the diameter is from one side of the tube to the other.
If you are looking for a small tube, then you can find one that has a length of up to 6 feet and less than two feet in diameter.
The main advantage of a towable tube over an inner tube is that it is much easier to tow. If you want to carry it around, then you can fold it and keep in in your vehicle. On the other hand, inner tubes are much easier to store when not in use because they can be deflated.
Outer tubes can be classified into four types:
– Air tubes: These are made from vinyl and they feature an air chamber inside. You simply have to blow air into it to get it ready for use. They can be used several times, so you can use them again and again.
– Fabric tubes: These tubes are made out of woven cotton or even vinyl fabric. They are quite durable and long-lasting.
– Rigid: These are made out of hard plastic and they come with a metal ring welded to the bottom for easy storage.
– Soft or inflatable: These tubes can be folded or rolled due to their soft nature. They come with a built-in patch kit in case of any puncture or tear.
There are many advantages of using an inner tube. They are much more affordable than any other type of tube, so you don’t have to spend a lot of money just to enjoy yourself on water. Another advantage is that they are very easy to use and store when you are not using them.
You can deflate them and keep them in your vehicle until the next time you want to use them. An inner tube can also be used by one or two riders, so you don’t have to worry about carrying it around. There are many types and sizes of inner tubes available in the market, so you can choose the one that best suits your weight and size.
On the flip side, inner tubes can only be used on calm waters and you have to be very careful while using them because they can also cause drowning if you fall off from them into deep water. An inner tube is not very good for racing because the rider tends to fall off very easily.
Tubing is a popular pastime that allows you to enjoy the water while floating on your back. It is a fun activity that can be enjoyed by all members of the family and it is fairly cheap too. There are four types of tubes that you can use and they all come with their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
An inner tube is probably the most popular choice among people because it is very easy to use and store.
Sources & references used in this article:
Protective cover for an inflatable towable vehicle by LL Peterson – US Patent 6,648,707, 2003 – Google Patents
Inventive towable novelty water cannon by A Angelovich, M Angelovich – US Patent App. 11/598,523, 2007 – Google Patents
Non-lethal strangulation by a towrope: A complication of water tubing by AJ Yi, S Kurachek, A Zagel, Y Posani, A Mishra… – …, 2020 – journals.sagepub.com
Inflatable pontoon boat by D Forssell, H Folson – US Patent 3,812,805, 1974 – Google Patents
Round tube boat by RW McLarty, LL McLarty – US Patent 8,047,886, 2011 – Google Patents
Collapsible pontoon pedal boat by GA Kasper – US Patent 5,651,706, 1997 – Google Patents