Best Tanning Bed Lotion: What Is It?
The first thing you need to know is what is it exactly?
It’s a type of lotion that helps improve your complexion by absorbing excess oil from your face and hair. You can apply it before or after applying any other moisturizer. If you are looking for something that will make your skin look younger, then this might be just right for you!
How Does It Work?
It works by keeping the surface of your skin hydrated, which means it keeps the moisture level high enough so that your skin doesn’t get dry. That’s why it’s called a “hydrating” product. It also contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and protect against sun damage. These two factors together work to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
What Are Some Benefits Of Using It?
1) It makes your skin appear smoother and younger looking.
2) It helps prevent premature signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin tone and uneven pigmentation.
3) It prevents acne breakouts.
4) It protects against UV rays that cause photoaging (sun spots).
What Are Some Common Ingredients Found In Tanning Lotions?
Common ingredients in tanning lotions include, but are not limited to: bronzers and dyes (to give your skin a tanned look), moisturizers, emollients (to help hydrate the skin), humectants (attract moisture to the skin), and oils.
Best Tanning Lotion With Bronzer
There are some tanning lotions that contain bronzers. These bronzers are made from natural ingredients such as cocoa powder, mulberry root extract and turmeric to name a few. These work by accelerating the skin’s tanning process. Using lotions that contain bronzers will give you an instant tanned look. The drawback to this however is that these lotions can be messy and may cause stains on your clothing or towel.
You can get tanning lotions that do not contain bronzers as well. These lotions are designed to gradually darken your skin tone by accelerating your skins natural tanning process.
How To Apply It?
Always read the directions on your tanning lotion packaging. If there are no directions, then apply it about twenty minutes before going into your tanning bed or booth for the first time. Use the least amount of lotion possible when applying it to your skin. Rub it into your skin in a circular motion until it is fully absorbed.
Remember to wash your hands after applying the lotion to avoid the possibility of getting a stain on your palms or skin discoloration.
Preventing Fading and Streaks
If you want even and consistent color, then make sure to apply the lotion every five to ten minutes while in the tanning bed. Using a tanning accelerator also helps in getting the most out of your tanning sessions.
It is also important to take steps to prevent the fading and streaking of the tan. You can do this by taking a warm shower as soon as you exit the tanning bed or booth. Then, lightly apply a layer of moisturizer all over your body. This will lock in the color and give you even and consistent tan.
What Are The Risks Involved?
1) Some tanning lotions may cause an allergic reaction. If you suspect that you are having an allergic reaction, then stop using the lotion and consult your physician immediately. Also, remember to wash your hands after you apply the tanning lotion to avoid accidentally staining your palms or fingers. If you get it on your palms or fingers, then you can get a stain that is difficult to remove from your skin. If you have a white or light-colored floor or wall, then be careful when applying the tanning lotion. If you get it on these surfaces, then you may get a stain that is difficult to remove. In some cases, it can permanently stain these surfaces.
Sources & references used in this article:
Tanning bed liner assembly by SSA Point, W Counterpoint
Peer Reviewed: Implications of Lessons Learned From Tobacco Control for Tanning Bed Reform by B Draper, G Parkevich – US Patent 4,993,091, 1991 – Google Patents
No Hype Rapid Fat Loss Tips and Tricks by C Sinclair, JK Makin – Preventing chronic disease, 2013 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
In-group rationalizations of risk and indoor tanning: A textual analysis of an online forum by ATB Safe – getleanin12.com
Tanning Attitudes That Predict the Prevalence and Frequency of Tanning bed use in Older Adolescents and Young Adults in Canada by N Carcioppolo, EV Chudnovskaya… – Public …, 2016 – journals.sagepub.com