Pet Urine Detection App
Best Pet Urine Detectors are available in different types. There are two kinds of urine detectors: 1) Those that detect only human urine; 2) those that detects both human and canine urine. You may have heard about these type of detectors before, but they were not easy to use or reliable. Nowadays there are many apps which allow users to easily determine whether their pet has ingested any substances other than water.
There are several factors that affect the reliability of such devices. One of them is the presence of contaminants in your pet’s environment. For example, if you leave your cat alone in a room with a TV set tuned to a non-commercial station, it will probably take him or her awhile to get used to this new source of entertainment. If the TV is turned off, however, then the radio or some other form of commercial broadcast will likely be heard.
A similar situation occurs when your dog wanders into a room where a television is being watched. The same thing happens if you leave your dog outside in a room with no one around. Your pet may become bored very quickly because there are so many things to do!
With this in mind, how will you know if your cat or dog ingested something other than water?
To be on the safe side, you might want to use a professional test kit for this sort of thing. After all, your pet might have ingested something that is not indicated by a home detector. Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to detect common substances in your dog or cat’s urine. Some examples are listed below:
Look for the presence of blood.
Look for the presence of red or pinkish bodily fluids.
Look for abnormally low or high levels of uric acid in the urine.
Look for the presence of white or crystalline powder.
Urine will appear cloudy.
Urine will have a very strong odor.
If you notice any of these elements you should immediately consult your veterinarian. The sooner the substance is removed from your pet’s digestive tract the better.
Of course, it is always a good idea to rule out the possibility that your pet ingested water. If you are not sure if your cat or dog ingested water, then do not delay in contacting your veterinarian. Ingestion of large amounts of water may lead to a serious medical condition called “water intoxication”. This condition can be fatal if not treated immediately.
There are several methods you can use to determine whether or not your pet ingested water. The first thing you should do is take a close look at the urine itself. If your pet has ingested a large amount of water it will most likely have a light color and may even be clear in appearance.
If you notice that your pet’s urine has these characteristics, it may be wise to visit a veterinarian immediately. The sooner the water is removed from your pet’s body, the better. You may also want to monitor the amount of water your dog or cat drinks after the incident. If you find that your pet is suddenly drinking more than usual, take him or her to a veterinarian as soon as possible.
There are several signs that may indicate your dog or cat has ingested something other than water or a substance other than a poison. If you notice that your pet is “drunk” or “dizzy”, then it may have ingested alcohol.
If you notice that your pet is having a difficult time breathing (these signs are especially apparent in cats), this may be a symptom of an allergic reaction to flea powder or some other common household cleaning product. If these conditions are not treated immediately, they can lead to coma and even death. You should take your pet to a veterinarian immediately if you notice any of these conditions.
In most cases, a veterinarian can easily test a sample of your dog or cat’s urine in order to determine whether or not he or she has ingested something other than water. The veterinarian will usually test a sample of your pet’s urine and compare it to a control sample that you provide. The control sample is usually a sample of your pet’s urine that has not come into contact with anything out of the ordinary within the last twenty-four hours.
Your veterinarian can easily test a sample of your pet’s urine by comparing its specific gravity, color and odor to that of a control sample. Specific gravity, color and odor are all factors that help determine whether or not your pet has ingested something other than water. The control sample that your veterinarian uses to compare your pet’s urine to is usually a sample of your pet’s urine that has not come into contact with anything out of the ordinary within the last twenty-four hours. In most cases, a veterinarian can easily get a control sample from urine that your pet excretes when it is sedated for its annual check-up.
There are several things you can do to prevent your pet from getting into dangerous substances in the first place. First of all, keep all potentially harmful substances in areas that your pet has no access to. If you do not want your pet to have access to a certain substance, be sure to keep it well out of his or her reach.
Also, be sure to properly dispose any unused medicines or cleaners that contain potentially hazardous ingredients. Do not just throw them away if they are still somewhat full. Pets are notorious for chewing on and eating things that people throw away, so never take chances.
Do not dispose of potentially hazardous substances down the sink or the toilet. This could potentially contaminate local waterways and kill fish and other wildlife. Instead, pour these substances out on the ground some distance away from your house or, if possible, take them to a local hazardous waste disposal facility.
If your pet does get into something that is hazardous to his health, you can call your local veterinarian or the pet poison hotline at (800) 253-7651. If you call after regular business hours, a voice recording will tell you what to do. This service is available to pet owners around the clock, every day of the year, and is available in both English and Spanish.
Once at the veterinarian’s office, they will administer treatments that will address the specific symptoms of the poison your pet has ingested. The veterinarian may also induce vomiting in order to get the substance out of your pet’s stomach before it can do any permanent damage. If the substance your pet ingested is fatal, there is unfortunately little that can be done to save its life.
Sources & references used in this article:
Effects of reflector and crystal surface on the performance of a depth‐encoding PET detector with dual‐ended readout by S Ren, Y Yang, SR Cherry – Medical Physics, 2014 – Wiley Online Library
PET/CT improves the definition of complete response and allows to detect otherwise unidentifiable skeletal progression in multiple myeloma by E Zamagni, C Nanni, K Mancuso, P Tacchetti… – Clinical Cancer …, 2015 – AACR
CHERENCUBE: Concept definition and implementation challenges of a Cherenkov‐based detector block for PET by I Somlai‐Schweiger, SI Ziegler – Medical physics, 2015 – Wiley Online Library