Infrared Hair Dryer Pros and Cons:
There are many advantages of using an infrared hair dryer. You can save money on heating bills, because your hair will not get damaged by heat. Also, it’s much better to have healthy hair rather than unhealthy or thinning ones.
There are various benefits from using an infrared hair dryer. One of them is that it helps with dandruff. Dandruff can be caused due to lack of moisture in the scalp. If you use an infrared hair dryer, then your scalp will become moist and naturally produce more moisture into your locks. You can also improve the health of your scalp through regular usage of an infrared hair dryer. Another advantage is that it protects against sunburns and other skin diseases.
The main disadvantage of using an infrared hair dryer is that it may cause hair loss. However, there are different ways to prevent hair loss from using an infrared hair dryer. These include the following:
1) Using a good quality product such as Ionic Ultra Heat Protectant Spray.
2) Avoiding long exposure to sunlight when using an infrared hair dryer.
Sunlight causes damage to your strands of hair, which can lead to baldness if left unchecked. Always make sure that you use sunblock or any kind of protection for your hair before going outside.
3) You may also want to wear a hat or covering if you are using an infrared hair dryer indoors.
This will block out some of the effects of harsh sunlight on your head and protect your hair.
4) In addition, seeking shade when outside is also beneficial to prevent further hair damage.
5) You might also want to avoid using an infrared hair dryer if your hair is already suffering from heat damage.
This can be detected by checking for split ends or hair that already emits a burning smell when touched.
6) Always remember to wrap or coat your hair with a heat protectant before using an infrared hair dryer.
7) Make sure to give your hair time to cool down after using an infrared hair dryer on it.
Do not immediately start combing or touching your hair after using an infrared hair dryer, as this can cause heat damage.
8) You might also want to wait for a few minutes before going outdoors.
Doing so will allow your hair to cool down and prevent you from getting sunburnt or having any other heat-related skin conditions.
9) Avoid using too much force when combing your hair after using an infrared hair dryer.
This can cause hair breakage or snapping, which may lead to baldness if not treated immediately.
10) You can apply heat protectant serum or use other methods to strengthen your hair before using an infrared hair dryer.
These are some of the precautions you can take in order to prevent hair loss while using an infrared hair dryer.
In addition, an infrared hair dryer also protects you from the suns harmful ultra violet rays. These can cause severe sunburns, skin cancer and other skin related diseases. In order to prevent these from happening, always remember to wear sunblock lotion to prevent redness or burning of your skin.
Sources & references used in this article:
Hair dryers by M Maione, R Tobin, J Wilcox – US Patent App. 10/932,977, 2005 – Google Patents
Infrared heating hair dryer by WE Springer, HJ Walter – US Patent 4,263,500, 1981 – Google Patents
Infrared hair dryer heater by M Cafaro – US Patent 6,285,828, 2001 – Google Patents
Infrared hair styling device by W Mack, D Santhouse – US Patent 4,602,143, 1986 – Google Patents