Best Infant Head Support Pillow:
The best infant head support pillow is made from high quality materials. It is made with soft material and it can provide comfort to your child’s head during sleep. There are different types of infant head support pillows available online, but there are few things which make them inferior to others.
There are some issues which may occur when using these type of infant head support pillows. These include:
1) They are not suitable for flat heads due to their shape.
Flat heads have a rounder face than other shapes. If they were shaped like other types of pillows, then they would not fit properly into the crib or bassinet.
2) Some of these types of pillows are too heavy and cause backaches for the parents.
3) Some of these types of pillows do not offer enough cushioning for flat heads.
A good example is the Bliss Naturals Baby Head Support Pillow. It offers only 2″ (5 cm) of foam padding, which is far less than what most other brands offer. Most flat heads need at least 4″ (10 cm).
4) Other types of infant head support pillows have a strong smell which can cause respiratory issues for babies.
5) Other types of infant head support pillows offer too much cushioning.
This causes the baby’s head to sink into the pillow, which can put uneven pressure on different parts of the scalp.
6) Other than that, they are a great choice for infants who suffer from flat head syndrome.
7) These types of infant head support pillows are easy to wash.
The Best Infant Head Support Pillow is available in two different types which include foam or cloth material. Both are soft and work effectively in preventing flat head syndrome. Both materials do not cause respiratory issues and are safe for babies to use.
The Best Infant Head Support Pillow by Happy Baby Company is great for infants who suffer from flat head syndrome. It is made from a high quality foam material. This makes it soft to touch and comfortable for babies to use. It is also very easy to wash by hand or in a washing machine.
The only issues with this pillow are that it can get a bit hot during warm months and the cover cannot be removed or washed separately.
The Infantino Contours pillow is made from high quality material which is both durable and flexible to use.
Sources & references used in this article:
Infant head and neck support pillow by H Yin – US Patent 5,339,472, 1994 – Google Patents
Infant support pad with adjustable pillow by RA Ive – US Patent 5,586,351, 1996 – Google Patents
Infant support pillow by LJ Clute – US Patent 5,193,238, 1993 – Google Patents