What Is A Headphone Stand?
A headphone stand is a device which holds your headphones so they don’t fall off during gameplay. They are commonly used to prevent damage to your expensive headphones when playing video games or watching movies. You may have seen them at the movie theater, sporting event, concerts, etc… Many times you might see them in the bathroom where you use your headphones while showering or bathtub.
Why Should I Care About Headphone Stands?
Headphones are very convenient to use, but if you drop your headphones, it could cause damage to the headphones. If you do not take care of them properly, then they will become damaged due to dropping. There are many different types of headphone stands available on the market today. Some of these include:
1) Plastic Headphone Stand – These headphone stands are made from plastic.
They are easy to break and can easily fall down causing damage to your headphones.
2) Metal Headphone Stand – These headphone stands are usually made out of metal.
However, they can still fall down causing damage to your headphones.
3) Rubber Headphone Stand – These headphone stands are usually made out of rubber or other materials like wood or even leather.
They do not fall down and provide excellent support for your headphones. You usually clamp the headphones into the best.
4) Car Headphone Stand – Some people just clamp their headphones onto their car headrest while they are driving around.
This is ill-advised because of the danger of falling and causing an accident or even distracting the driver.
What Are The Advantages Of A Headset Stand?
You should always look after your headphones and prevent them from falling causing damage to the headphones. It is important that you keep your expensive headphones safe from being damaged when not in use. The following are the benefits of using a headset stand:
1) Less Chance Of Accidental Damage – If you have expensive headphones, then you certainly do not want to drop them causing damage. Headphone stands provide a stable base and keep them from falling causing wear and tear on the device
2) Easy To Transport – If you are travelling and want to listen to music or watch a movie, then a headphone stand makes it very easy to transport your expensive headphones
3) Organize Cables – Most of the time when you unplug your headphones, the cables are all tangled up. When using a stand, you can organize all the cables and keep your headphones organized
4) Keep Headphones Out Of The Way – By using a headphone stand, it keeps your headphones out of the way and organized when not in use.
You can easily take the stand and place it on a shelf, desk, or another safe location when you are done with your headphones.
5) Multiple Users – If you have more than one person using the same surround sound or TV, then a stand helps everyone to minimize fighting over who uses the device next.
What Is The Best Type Of Headphone Stand
There are many types of stands available, but not all of them are suitable for you. It is important to pick the right stand that meets your needs. The following are the different types of stands available for you to choose from:
1) TV Headphone Stands – These stands are specially made for people that watch TV and want to listen to the audio with their headphones.
They usually have a clip on the back that attaches to the TV. There are different styles available that can be mounted on the wall or placed on a shelf.
2) Portable Headphone Stands – These types of stands are not fixed and can be moved easily from one place to another.
Most of them have a hook so you can conveniently hang your headphones when not in use.
3) Over The Ear Headphone Stands – These types of headphone stands are specially made for larger and heavier over the ear headphones.
They are specially designed to provide more support and keep them from falling.
4) On The Ear Headphone Stands – These stands are specifically made for the lighter on the ear headphones that tend to fall over.
They provide more support as compared to placing them in a drawer or hanging them on a hook.
5) Desktop Headphone Stands – These stands can be placed on your desk and hold your headphones when you are not using them.
They are specially designed to match your desktop computer
6) Wall Mounted Headphone Stands – These stands are designed to be mounted on the wall.
They provide a clean look and keep your desk free from clutter.
7) Stands With Integrated Charging Ports – There are some headphone stands that have an integrated USB charging port so you can charge your phone while listening to music.
8) Stands With Integrated Audio Jack – There are also headphone stands that have an integrated 3.
5mm audio jack so you can listen to music or podcasts without having to unplug your headphones every time.
9) Stands With FM Radio – There are some headphone stands that have an integrated FM radio so you can listen to your favorite stations.
Just plug in your headphones and listen away.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Headphone Stand?
There are many benefits that you can get by using a headphone stand. The following are the top five advantages of using one:
1) They Protect Your Hearing – Headphone stands prevent your headphones from getting damaged or broken by external forces.
This helps to extend their lifespan which prevents you from having to buy new headphones. By using a stand, you also keep them away from children and pets so they won’t be grabbed and broken by accident.
2) They Charge Your Headphones – Not all headphone stands have integrated charging ports or 3.
5mm jacks, but many of them do. If you buy a stand with an integrated charging port or 3.5mm audio jack, you won’t have to unplug your headphones every time you are not using them. This makes it easier to charge and also prevents the cable from getting damaged with prolonged use.
3) They Are Portable – There are some headphone stands that are highly portable.
This is a great feature if you are always on the go. You can just pack them in your bag and take them with you without any problems.
4) They Prevent Your Space From Clutter – Nobody likes stepping over clutter to get around, and this also applies to items like headphones.
A headphone stand keeps your headphones off the floor so your space stays free from clutter and looks more organized.
5) They Can Play Music – Many headphone stands come with integrated FM radios or 3.
5mm audio jacks so you can play music without having to unplug your headphones. This can come in handy if you need some background music while working.
What Are The Different Types Of Headphone Stands?
There are many different types of headphone stands that you can choose from. The following is a list of the most popular types:
1) Over The Ear Headphone Stands – These are the most common types of stands for over the ear headphones.
They are usually made of plastic and hold your headphones in place while keeping them organized and protected from damage.
2) In-Ear Headphone Stands – These are stands that are designed to hold your in-ear earphones.
They look like large plastic tubes that you can place your earphones into. This is a good way to prevent them from being damaged or getting lost.
3) Wired Headphone Stands – There are also some headphone stands that only hold the cable, not the headphones themselves.
This is a good idea if you don’t want to remove your headphones from their case.
4) Universal Stands – There are some stands that are designed to hold a wide range of different types of headphones and earphones.
These might be the best choice if you have multiple types of headphones that you switch between.
What Else Should I Consider When Choosing A Headphone Stand?
There are a few other things that you might want to consider before choosing a headphone stand.
Sources & references used in this article:
Development of a user-centred gaming headset by M Wemanis, A Pålsson – 2012 – publications.lib.chalmers.se
Playstation 4 Pro: An Easy Guide to the Best Features by M Galleso – 2016 – books.google.com
How advertisers can keep mobile users engaged and reduce video-ad blocking: Best practices for video-ad placement and delivery based on consumer neuroscience … by KR Clark, KR Leslie… – Journal of …, 2018 – journalofadvertisingresearch.com
Mac Os High Sierra: An Easy Guide to the Best Features by D Michelson – 2017 – books.google.com
Developing the ‘best practices’ of virtual reality design: industry standards at the frontier of emerging media by M LaRocco – Journal of Visual Culture, 2020 – journals.sagepub.com
Smile! You’re at the best WordPress. com site ever by L red Hood, WW Beta – kayrayorulmaz.wordpress.com
While Stands the Colosseum: A Ground-Up Exploration of Ancient Roman Construction Techniques using Virtual Reality by AH Tan – 2015 – search.proquest.com
Noise attenuating ear protectors by S Eli, FW Thomas, PJ Wiegand – US Patent 2,782,423, 1957 – Google Patents
More than just a game? Combat-themed gaming among recent veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder by L Elliott, A Golub, M Price, A Bennett – Games for health journal, 2015 – liebertpub.com