The following are some of the reasons why you should choose Best Flea Collars for Cats:
1) Natural Ingredients : There are no synthetic ingredients used in the products.
They have been proven to work well for your cat. You will not get any unpleasant side effects from using these products.
2) Long Lasting Effect : These products last longer than other brands.
So they will provide better protection against fleas and ticks.
3) Low Cost : Most of the products are available at low prices.
You do not need to spend much money on them.
4) Easy To Use : All you need to do is apply it once a day and it works perfectly!
No special tools or anything needed!
5) Effective For All Ages : These products are suitable for all ages.
Even kittens can benefit from their use.
Best Flea Collar for Cats: What Are They?
There are several types of flea collars for cats, but they all differ in terms of how effective they are against fleas and ticks. So before you choose a product, it’s important to know what your exact needs are.
1) Permanently Active: These are the most common type of cat flea collars and are designed to remain effective for several months.
The active ingredients gradually diffuse throughout the fur of your pet while they are gnawing on it. This will repel the fleas and ticks and kill them before they can bite your cat. The best part is that you do not even have to remember to reapply the product every month!
2) One-Time Use: These collars are a one-time use product and can come in either a liquid, powder or tablet form.
They are only effective for a single period of time, but help tide owners over until they purchase a more long lasting style.
3) Tablets: These are an alternate form of one-time use collars that come in a small tablet form.
Owners simply place the pill inside their pet’s mouth and secure, allowing it to dissolve slowly in their stomach. These are slightly different from the liquid and powder forms since they can have additional active ingredients mixed in with the pill.
What Makes Up A Good Flea Collar?
There are several important factors to keep in mind when it comes to choosing a flea collar for cats. These include:
* Ease of Use: The best cat flea collars will be easy to use and apply. You shouldn’t have to worry about struggling with your pet or getting covered with their blood. Otherwise, you’re just making a mess that’s going to drive you crazy.
Sources & references used in this article:
Best Flea Collars For Dogs by M Story – thelabradorsite.com
Problems in cats caused by flea collars. by DB Wilkins – Veterinary Record, 1980 – cabdirect.org
Ultrasonic flea collars. by C Schwartz – Journal of the American Veterinary Medical …, 1990 – cabdirect.org
Opposing viewpoints on efficacy of ultrasonic flea collars. by NJ Bonge – Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 1990 – cabdirect.org
Grooming and control of fleas in cats by F Caldwell
Review of insecticide resistance in cat fleas (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae) by RA Eckstein, BL Hart – Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 2000 – Elsevier
Therapy, control and prevention of flea allergy dermatitis in dogs and cats by RL Bossard, NC Hinkle, MK Rust – Journal of Medical …, 1998 – academic.oup.com
How To Get Rid Of Fleas On Dogs by GD Norsworthy – The Feline Patient, 2006 – Blackwell Publishing