The following are some of the most popular questions asked by our readers:
What kind of bandsaw should I get? What type of blade do I need? How much money will it cost me? Which one is better for my budget? Should I buy a table saw or hand sander? Will it cut through pine boards with ease? What about plywood and MDF board?
Can’t they be used instead of lumber if needed for other projects like furniture making, etc.?
We have compiled all the answers to these questions into one comprehensive guide. We hope you’ll find it useful!
Best Band Saw For Woodworking – Top 10 Reasons Why You Need A Best Band Saw For Woodworking
1) The best bandsaw for woodworking is not just expensive but also requires a lot of time and effort.
A good quality bandsaw costs at least $1000 and up.
2) There are many types of bandsaws available today.
Some are designed for wood only while others can handle both hardwoods and soft woods. The best bandsaw for your needs depends upon what you’re trying to achieve. If you want to make cabinets, then a table saw would be ideal since it’s easier to work with than a bandsaw. If you want to make wooden sculptures, then a bandsaw will be more suitable for fine and intricate detail.
3) Many woodworkers prefer table saws due to the fact that it’s easier to control.
However, some tools such as the Grizzly Industrial G0555LX with Compound Leverage Fence can handle both jobs efficiently.
4) The blade of a bandsaw is attached on the top of the saw, which enables you to cut curves and turns easily.
You can also maneuver it in any way you want much like a jigsaw. This is more precise and versatile than a table saw for intricate carvings and designs.
5) Bandsaws can make curved cuts although it can be difficult due to its awkward shape.
It’s not as easy to handle as a table saw, which is more suited for straight cuts.
6) Bandsaws are more affordable and cheaper than a table saw but the blades are more expensive than a circular saw.
7) Some expensive bandsaws have a long aluminium cast iron top guide rail that provides better support and makes cutting large pieces of wood much easier.
8) The best bandsaw for the money (and within your budget) should be easy to adjust and move around.
It should also have an ample sized table. It should also accommodate blades of various sizes.
9) If you’re a beginner, then it would be best to start with a cheaper and smaller bandsaw such as the Grizzly G0555LX with Compound Leverage Fence for about $450.
Don’t spend too much money on a tool that you may eventually end up hating.
10) Bandsaws are ideal for resawing, which is necessary when you need very thin wood veneer. A table saw can be used for this process but it requires a lot of skill and practice to do it safely.
There you have it, the top 10 reasons why you really need a best band saw for woodworking in your workshop!
Sources & references used in this article:
Band saws for cutting meat and bone and means to clean such saws by US Patent 3,208,487, 1965 – Google Patents
Saw guide for band saws by H Jack – US Patent 2,992,663, 1961 – Google Patents
Tension adjusting mechanism for band saws by WA Eschenburg – US Patent 2,963,054, 1960 – Google Patents