Best Baby Spoons: What are they?
Baby spoon is one of the most essential items for babies. It is not only used to feed them but it also helps them to sleep. There are many types of baby feeding utensils available nowadays, which include:
1) Plastic Spoon (Plastic/Glass) – These spoons have a handle made from plastic or glass.
They are often very cheap and easy to use.
2) Stainless Steel Spoon (Stainless Steel) – These spoons are usually made of stainless steel and have a long lasting life span.
Some of these spoons may even be dishwasher safe. However, they do break easily if dropped frequently.
3) Glass Bowl with Lid (Bowl with Lid) – These bowls come in different shapes like round, square, oval etc.
They are also known as “baby cups”.
4) Non-Toxic Baby Bottle (Non Toxic) – These bottles are made out of BPA free material and are non-toxic.
However, they tend to leak a bit due to their design. You need to replace them every few months.
5) Toxicity Free Baby Food (Toxin Free) – These foods are made out of organic ingredients and contain no harmful chemicals.
They are extremely healthy and help babies with digestion.
Stainless Steel Baby Spoons: Why you should use them?
If you are looking for spoons for your baby, then stainless steel spoons are an excellent choice for you. They are made out of high-quality stainless steel, which makes them very durable. These spoons cannot be broken easily and even if they do, they can be bent back into shape. You can sterilize them by putting them into boiling water for a few minutes. You can even put them in the dishwasher and wash them with other utensils. This makes them very hygienic for feeding your baby.
Care of Stainless Steel Spoons
These spoons are easy to maintain and clean. You just need to put them into hot water and wipe them dry after each use.
Always make sure that they are completely dry before you store them away. You can also use a soft cloth to wipe them clean. Make sure that you do not use harsh chemicals or dishwasher soap to clean the spoons, as they might damage the shine of the spoons over time.
What are the different types of Stainless Steel Spoons?
There are different types of stainless steel spoons that you can choose from. Some of them are listed below.
1) Solid Spoon – As the name suggests, these spoons are made from solid stainless steel and have a long handle.
They are easy to use and maintain, however they can cause a mess if you do not put them in water immediately after use.
2) Painted Handle Spoon – These spoons have long handles and the outer layer is made of stainless steel.
The inner side of the handle is usually made of plastic or wood which helps with maintaining a good grip. These spoons are less prone to rust and is easy to clean.
3) Silicone Spoon – These spoons have a handle made from plastic or wood, with a silicone head.
They are the best option for babies who constantly puts everything into their mouth. They are very light weight and less harmful in case if they fall and hit someone on the head.
They are available in different bright colors as well.
Sources & references used in this article:
Baby spoon by I Rhodes – US Patent App. 11/417,475, 2007 – Google Patents
Best for baby? Framing weaning practice and motherhood in web-mediated marketing by M Fuentes, H Brembeck – Consumption Markets & Culture, 2017 – Taylor & Francis
Dosing of oral penicillins in children: is big child= half an adult, small child= half a big child, baby= half a small child still the best we can do? by L Krantz, S Ludman-Exley – 2000 – Prentice Hall Press