Best Art Kits for Kids: What are they?
Art kits are small pieces of paper with colored pencils or markers. They come in various sizes and shapes, but most have some sort of picture on them. These art tools are used to learn how to draw and paint from scratch. There are many different types of art kits available, each one being designed specifically for children’s needs. Some of these kits include:
• Crayola Art Set – A simple box with a tray containing crayons, colored pencils, and other supplies. You can buy this kit at any grocery store.
• Craftsman Art Kit – A large wooden box with a lid which contains all the materials needed to make crafts such as quilts, blocks, etc. You will need scissors and glue sticks (or glue). This kit comes in several colors and sizes.
• Crayon Box Art Kit – A smaller version of the Craftsman kit. This kit includes just crayons, colored pencils, and a brush. You can purchase this kit at any drugstore.
• Drawing Set for Kids – A set of five color pencils, two black pens, three white pens, and four watercolors. These supplies come in a clear plastic bag which is labeled “Drawing Set.”
What can I do with these Art Kits?
There are many things that you can do with these kits. You may be wondering if they are even worth the money to buy for your child. They are always a great gift idea and will be treasured by the children in the family that receives them. Here are some ideas on how to use them:
1. SKETCHING – You can teach your kids how to sketch using these supplies.
Teach them how to sketch realistically and how to sketch cartoons. It is important that they learn both of these forms in order to become better artists.
2. DRAWING – You may already know this, but some people still don’t.
Kids should always draw from life. This means that they should try to copy images from real life as opposed to copying images from the internet or other media sources.
3. PAINTING – Children should always start by learning how to use the primary colors and how they react with each other.
After they understand this concept, they can move on to more complex color theories such as the color wheel.
4. CRAFTS – You or your child can create paintings or drawings then turn them into crafts.
For example, they can make greeting cards, personalized gifts, and much more!
What are some popular Art Kits for Kids?
There are hundreds of different types of art kits. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Crayola Art Set – This set includes markers, crayons, colored pencils, and much more.
It comes in several different styles so you can choose the one that best fits your child’s needs.
2. Craftsman Art Kit – This kit was mentioned earlier.
It comes in several colors and sizes. The smaller ones are cheaper but have less supplies. The larger ones cost more but contain more items.
3. Crayon Box Art Kit – This is a great set of supplies for small children.
The box can easily be stored away when not in use since it can easily fit on a bookshelf or in a closet.
4. Drawing Set for Kids – This is a smaller kit that contains watercolors, colored pencils, and pens.
It is fairly cheap and small so it can easily be taken with you when you go on trips or to restaurants.
Do I need to Buy an Art Desk for my Child?
There are a couple of different types of desks that are available for children. You can decide for yourself if one of these would be a good idea for your child.
1. Art Easel – This desk has a board on top that can be tilted so that your child can lean their painting against it to dry.
There is also a smaller drawer for them to store their supplies in. There is even a clip on the front of the desk where they can put their drawing so that they can work on another part of the painting.
2. Table with Storage – This desk is a regular table that just has extra storage.
It can help keep your child’s room organized and allows them to keep their supplies close by when they need to.
Do I need to Buy an Art Table for my Classroom?
Classroom art tables can be a great asset in the classroom. Not only do they provide much needed seating for your students, but they also give them a dedicated place to do their art.
1. Elementary School Art Table – This art table is great for elementary aged students.
It has a blackboard on one side and shelf underneath where kids can put their supplies. It also comes with a stool so that young children don’t have to stand at the table.
2. High School Art Table – This art table is great for high school students.
Sources & references used in this article:
Helping Kids Achieve Their Best: Understanding and Using Motivation in the Classroom (revised edition) by DM McInerney – 2006 – books.google.com
Teaching the best practice way: Methods that matter, K-12 by H Daniels, M Bizar – 2005 – books.google.com
7 Best Kites for Kids (2020)–A Teacher’s Review by R Friedman – 2014 – TarcherPerigee
A Parent’s Guide to the Best Kids’ Comics: Choosing Titles Your Children Will Love by J Oppenheim, S Oppenheim – 2001 – Oppenheim Toy Portfolio …
Kids Around the World Play!: The Best Fun and Games from Many Lands by M Top – helpfulprofessor.com
When the tech kids are running too fast: Data visualisation through the lens of art history research by S Robins, S Wildsmith – 2012 – books.google.com